Honors Day will be pre-produced and live streamed on Poly's YouTube channel, premiering at 9 a.m. on Friday, June 4. Commencement will begin that afternoon, at 6 p.m., on Babcock Field.
Please, no sunglasses, gum-chewing, flower leis, flowers in the hair, or cameras during the ceremony.
Family Box Seat during Commencement
An online request form for a family box seat during Commencement was sent to families on April 29. Each 10’ x 10’ box seat will include seating for up to six household members, and will be 6 ft. distanced from adjacent boxes (following LA County’s outdoor events protocols). If graduates with more than one primary household need to request an additional box seat, please contact Jennifer Fleischer, email@example.com
Furthermore, we can accommodate wheelchair seating only if given advance notice. From all received RSVPs, family box seat assignments will be made through a random drawing during the week of May 24.
All participating Poly parents, family members, and graduates must adhere to the following required protocols stated in the California Department of Public Health's Guidance for the Prevention of COVID-19 Transmission for Commencement/Graduation Ceremonies:
- Attendee groups are limited to a household unit;
- Attendance must be limited to graduates, household members, and family members who must abide by travel limitations as indicated within the current CDPH Travel Advisory;
- All attendees must be counted toward occupancy capacity limit;
- Audience seating must be fixed and marked by section, row, and seat;
- All attendees must wear masks and maintain distance of at least 6 feet from other attendees, other than household members;
- All attendees must be pre-registered and only those who are pre-registered may attend the event. Participant names will be collected during the week of May 24;
- All attendees will be screened or self-screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms before the event;
- Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) should be discouraged from attending;
- Individuals who are sick or in isolation or quarantine must remain at home.
Diploma and Program
In February, seniors received an email through which they confirmed the spelling and pronunciation of their names to be used for all Commencement-related materials and activities.
Commencement Photography and Video
To allow families to enjoy the celebration, the Communications Department will be taking photos of Commencement, including seniors receiving their diplomas, and will make them available on the photo archive on MyPoly. In addition, Poly will be live streaming Commencement and will provide a link to graduates to share with families not able to attend the event.
Parking will be available in the underground parking garage on the North Campus, accessible from Wilson Avenue. Shuttles will be available for those who require assistance, and there is access to an elevator in the center of the garage. Information on how to request a handicapped parking space will be provided during the week of May 24.
Commencement will begin promptly at 6 p.m, so please allow time for parking, the check-in process, and finding your family box seat. We ask that you kindly help us to be good neighbors by obeying all traffic laws and by not parking on the adjacent residential streets. We also ask that you share this information with family members who will be attending.
Thank you for your cooperation.