If the show is oversubscribed, acts will be selected by lottery. All parent act coordinators will be contacted with information regarding rehearsal dates. Questions can be directed to Heather Brunold or Carrie Walker.
- Participation for students in grades 1-5 and limited to one minute in length.
- Group acts are preferred and not limited to same grade.
- Acts will not be given priority based on date/time of submission.
- All submissions are due by Friday, Feb. 21.
|Welcome to Polytechnic School's construction headquarters. Construction on the campus plan is supported by contributions to The Next 100 Years campaign. This $93 million effort is the most ambitious, comprehensive campaign in Poly's history.|
This site will be frequently updated to keep you informed of our progress, so check back regularly for updates on everything related to our current and future construction projects.
|Catalina Avenue street improvements continue|
In a recent letter to Poly's neighbors, Head of School Debbie Reed wrote:
We have been enjoying the relative quiet on campus that occurs in these last weeks in June. These weeks provide time for maintenance on campus and for us to push ahead on the last phases of our construction project, which include street work along Catalina Avenue.
As those who live on Catalina know, the PWP has decided that after the recent water main break that they will install a new line on the west side of the street this summer. The Catalina homeowners have long wanted this improvement, and we are pleased to adjust our street improvement schedule to accommodate the city's plan to install the line.
Here is the schedule as it currently stands:
- June 18-19 (Monday/Tuesday) - On Poly's behalf, Morley Construction will install trees and grass in the parkway and bulb-outs on the east side of Catalina Avenue.
- June 25-29 (Monday through Friday) - Morley Construction will replace certain sections of asphalt and renovate the curb and gutter on the east side of Catalina. For this period of time, Catalina will be one-way, southbound traffic only.
- At a time to be determined, the city of Pasadena will grind and top coat the entire width of Catalina Avenue. The scheduling of this is dependent upon PWP's completion of the new water main on west side of street. The city has the responsibility to notify those homeowners and businesses that will be affected. Should we receive any information about the timing of this work, we will notify our neighbors. When this work occurs, Catalina will be closed completely for about one day.
|Raising the roof!|
Upper School students have enjoyed watching the rapid progress on the new math-science-library building on the South Campus. What was just recently a large dirt cavern has made way for steel beams and concrete decks. Staircases have been installed, and the roof is being constructed, including supports for the photovoltaic panels that will be installed later. Work is progressing on the interior as well, with drywall now going up and mechanical systems being put in place. In McWilliams Courtyard, walls and sidewalks have been completed, and the staircase that wraps around an oak tree up to the new building has been constructed. Work continues in Garland, including the construction of new exterior walls that will create part of the new entry to the South Campus and the installation of an elevator.
Director of Buildings and Grounds